Click the links below to access various tutorials to practice different aspects of the RICAS test.
Press the Ctrl key while holding down Shift and the arrow it will highlight one word at a time. You can also hold down the left mouse button while dragging it across the sentence on the screen.
To highlight text with your keyboard move the cursor to the beginning of the text using your arrow keys, hold down the shift key, and while still holding down shift press the arrow key in the direction you want to highlight; when done, let go of the shift key. If you want to highlight all text press the shortcut key Ctrl + A.
Practice highlighting the following text:
Practice highlighting this text using the above steps. Click the mouse cursor at the start of the text, hold down shift, and use your arrow keys.
Drag and Drop
Drag and Drop means you take an object from one place and drag it to another place.
Directions: Click on the links to play some of the games below to practice dragging and dropping.
Did you know most online games use the drag and drop skill?
A split screen allows you to look at two windows at the same time.
Directions: You are going to open a Word document and create a split screen so that you can see this page and the Word document at the same time. Follow the directions on this page to complete your Word document.
Did you know you can split your screens with one screen on top of the other,or side by side?
Once you open your Word Document:
1. Type your name.
2. Change the color of your name to any color you like.
3. Center your name in the middle of the screen by using the center button.
4. Press enter two times (you should be 2 lines underneath your name)
5. Type the name of your favorite book.
6. Make the name of your favorite book size 72.
7. Press enter two times.
8. Open a tab on the internet. Go to http://search.creativecommons.org/
9. Search for the term "book" and click on Flickr. This will show you search results for Flickr. Choose a photo of books
10. Drag the photos of the books to your open Word document and drop it there. A picture will not appear but rather a link.
Typing efficiently can make a big difference on the PARCC test.
Directions: Click on the links to play games below to practice typing.
Did you know you can become a much faster typer if you use the home row keys?