1. Watch MLK - The King and His Dream
2. Select one of the following questions, research the answer using an online database, WebPath Express or a print book
- When and where was Martin Luther King, Jr. born?
- Who were his parents? Where did he live as a young boy? Did he have brothers and sisters?
- What early life experiences shaped Martin Luther King, Jr.'s future?
- Was Martin Luther King, Jr. married, have children? How many? What were their names, where did he live with his wife and children?
- Did Martin Luther King, Jr. go to college? What was Martin Luther King, Jr.’s profession?
- What did MLK, Jr. do to win the Nobel Peace Prize? What year did Martin Luther King Jr. win the Nobel Peace Prize?
- Which Presidential administration determined there should be a national holiday to honor Martin Luther King, Jr? How do we celebrate Martin Luther King. Jr. Day?
- Martin Luther King Jr was involved in several important marches? Pick one and tell us about it. Include the date, location and who else participated.
- On August 28th, 1963, Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered a very famous speech known as “I have a Dream.” What was his message?
3. Add your answers to Ms.O'Hara's Padlet Wall!
Have Fun celebrating Martin Luther King, Jr.!