93% of teens (ages 12-17) go online.
73% of teens (ages 12-17) have profiles on social networking sites.
47% of teens (ages 12-17) have uploaded photos online; 14% have posted videos.
1 in 3 teens have experienced some form of online harrassment
(Statistics from http://www.netsmartz.org/safety/statistics#_ftn15)
Assignment #1 - Top Secret
You will be watching a video comic called Top Secret. You will be asked to choose what certain characters should do onine. There are no right or wrong answers. Just think about what you think would be best for the character. Click here to access Top Secret.
When you are finished, download and print out the worksheet below. Then, complete the worksheet.
Assignment #2 - Personal vs. Private Information
As a class, we will be discussing the following questions:
1. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
2. Which of those websites requires you to log-in to access the website?
3. What kind of information do the websites ask for when creating an account?
4. Why do you think the websites ask for this kind of information?
5. What kind of information do you post online?
Private Information - Information that identifies who you are. Example: Your address
Personal Information - Information that does not identify you. Example: Favorite color
Want more information about Internet Safety and how to protect yourself? Visit the sites below!