You will be decoding binary code. Binary code consists of a sequence of 1's and 0's. Every black box represents a 0 and every white box represents a 1. For example, the letter A would look like this: 01000001
1. Download and print the document at the bottom of the box.
2. Use the decoder key to decode the messages on your print out.
3. When yu have finished, use the back of your paper to write a decoded message of your own.
4. Switch with a partner and decode your messages!
While you are working on the activities, think about the following essential questions:
1. Why is it important for kids to learn code?
2. How do you think the job market will change in the future because of computers and technology?
We will be practicing code by coding for the game Angry Birds.
1. Go to http://learn.code.org/
2. Find where it says Stage 2: The Maze
3. Click on #1
4. If the video does not play, read through the directions.
5. Go through the angry bird activities.