Natural disasters are events caused by forces of nature that cause destruction of life and/or property. Well known natural disasters include avalanches, earthquakes, mud slides, volcanic eruptions, floods, tsunamis, cyclones, storms, droughts, tornadoes, forest fires, epidemics and famine.
As we work on this unit, think about these essential questions:
1. What are Natural Disasters?
2. Why is it important to learn about Natural Disasters?
You and a partner will become experts on a Natural Disaster. We will be working on:
2. Click on "File" (top left) and then on "Make a copy"
3. Rename your document using your first name and the name of your Natural Disaster (Example: Rachel Volcano)
4. Fill out the information. There is a sample here.
5. After learning about your natural disaster, you will be creating a Google My Map to show where your disasters took place. For a sample of a Google Map, click here.