AskRI.org is RI's free statewide database system. It includes all of the resources listed below and is free of charge for all RI residents. Check it out - It's great!
Career Center @Homework Help RI – Prepare for the SAT, ACT, standardized tests in all 50 states, graduate school entrance tests, civil service, GED etc. Local open jobs, resume and cover letter templates, interview guidelines and much more for job seekers.
World Book Web – Includes Encyclopedias for all ages. Also includes Timelines, Ebooks, and Dramatic Learning.
Mango Languages – An online language-learning system for learning English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Mandarin Chinese, Greek, Italian, Russian and more.
Heritage Quest – Genealogy Resources
Learning Express – Practice tests, exercises, skill-building courses, e-books, information for school & work. Includes AP practice exams, PSAT & SAT practice exams, eBooks on test taking skills, and more.
A to Z Databases – Research United States Businesses
EBSCO Host – Databases include:
- Literary Reference Center (Full-text database - similar to Gale’s Literature Resource Center)
- Biography Collection Complete (Over 177,000 full text biographies)
- Points of View ( Full Text Database that provides essays stating both sides of controversial issues)
- Student Research Center (Search magazines, newspapers, book & encyclopedias, biographies, Radio & TV news transcripts, Country reports, State/Province reports, Primary source documents, Photos, Maps, Flags, Film & video)
- MasterFILE (full text for 1700 periodicals)
- GreenFILE (information about human impact to the environment)
- MEDLINE (authoritative medical information)
- ERIC & Teacher Reference Center
- Funk & Wagnalls Encyclopedia
- Primary Search (full text magazine database for elementary students)
- TOPICsearch (full text articles from newspapers and government information)
- Academic Search Elite (full text for nearly 2100 journals)
- History Reference Center (full text of 1600 Reference books, 150 periodicals, 57,000 historical documents, 78,000 biographies, 113,000 historical photos & maps, 80 hours of historical video)
- Auto Repair Reference Center
- Novelist (Readers’ Advisory for fiction books)