The mission of the Guiteras School Library is to promote the joy of reading, to nurture the development of lifelong independent learning, to support the curriculum by providing access to information in all forms, and collaborate with staff members to provide engaging learning experiences.
Guiteras Library Service Policy and Interlibrary Loan
- Guiteras School Library is open to Guiteras School students and staff.
- Guiteras students, school district staff members, and parents can check out all items that are part of our regular circulation.
- There are no overdue fines.
- Lost or significantly damaged materials must be paid for at the cost of replacement.
- Interlibrary loans requests can be placed by the library staff.
- All non-instructional items in circulation are available for interlibrary loan.
- Library staff can submit interlibrary loan requests.
- Interlibrary loan requests will be filled at the discretion of the school librarian.
- Local patron hold requests take precedence over interlibrary loan requests for the same item.
- Items that are specifically reserved for in-library or classroom use are temporarily excluded from interlibrary loan as needed.
- ILL requests will be filled (or declined) as quickly as possible.
- There are no interlibrary loan fees or overdue fines.
- Lost or significantly damaged items must be paid for at the cost of replacement. In certain circumstances, a replacement copy may be accepted.
- Items borrowed through interlibrary loan have a 35 day loan period and can be renewed one time.
Regular Library Hours are during the school day from 8:40 a.m. - 3:20 pm.