Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Shea's No Bully Statement
The Shea High School No Bully Statement:
Everyone Respects and Encourages Everybody, Everyday
If you feel you are being bullied and would like to speak with the No Bully Team at Shea High School, fill out a "No Bully" Request for Intervention form located in the Guidance Office or the Shea High School Library.
Definition of Bullying
What is bullying?
A deliberate, aggressive and repeated behavior that is intended to cause physical or emotional harm.
To Find Bullying Prevention tips, go to:
Types of Bullying
Types of Bullying
- Physical bullying includes hitting, tripping, pinching, punching, pushing, or damaging property.
- Verbal bullying includes name calling, insults, teasing, intimidation, homophobic or racist remarks, or verbal abuse.
- Social/Relational bullying is generally carried out behind the person's back and is designed to harm someone's reputation and/or cause humiliation. Social bullying includes: lying and spreading rumors, playing jokes to embarrass and humiliate, encouraging others to socially exclude someone, and damaging someone's social reputation or social acceptance.
- Cyber bullying is bullying using digital technologies, including hardware such as computers and smartphones, and software such as social media, instant messaging, texts, websites, and other online platforms.
Take a Stand Against Bullying
BE SMART ABOUT BULLYING
If I am experiencing bullying behavior, I can:
- Move away from the person doing the bullying.
- Ask an adult or classmate for support.
- Be safety-aware and avoid areas where there aren't many people around.
- Tell trusted adults at school and at home...and keep speaking up until something changes.
Know if you are being bullied, it is not your fault.
Sponsored Educational Materials: scholastic.com/nobullying