Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Cranston Public Schools is happy to offer free eBook resources to our students.
Also please visit the Book Suggestions page at the Cranston Public Library.
Click the icon above and scroll down to the ebook banner to check out the ebooks available through the library catalog (RICAT). You'll need your user name (CRAlunchnumber) and password (lunchnumber).
- Scroll down and browse the books in the ebook section or use the search box (use the + next to the search box to limit your results to ebooks)
- If a book is available, you will see two options: Open and Checkout. To preview the book, choose Open. To borrow the book, which will add it to your device, choose Checkout. If you want to read the book, be sure to check it out. If a book is not available, you have the option to place a Hold so you can read it when it is returned.
- You may check out more than one ebook at a time.
- Download the Destiny Read app on your smartphone, tablet, or e-reader.
- Open the app. In the Location box, find Rhode Island.
- In the Schools box, start typing "Hope" and you should see Hope Highlands.
- Log in (username CRA + lunch number (example: CRA12345) , password - lunch number)
- Your ebooks will appear. Click the 3 lines for the menu options.
- Ebooks will automatically be returned on their due date. You can return an ebook earlier by clicking "Remove."
Check MackinVIA for multi-user simultaneous eBooks.
Enter the following information:
School/Library Name: RILINK MS MackinVIA
Thanks and Acknowledgements
Many thanks to Mrs. Evje of Cranston High School West, Mrs. Rose from Rhodes Elementary and Mrs. Grabbert from Hugh B. Bain Middle School for creating some of the icons and boxes used in this Guide.
E-Books at the Cranston Public Library!
Click the icon below to see what e-books the Cranston Public Library has available for you! (You'll need your library card number to borrow/read books this way.)
You can also get audio books! Great for the family and reading on the go!
Audible is free during our virtual learning.
World Book ebooks Grades 3+
World Book Online has a growing collection of nonfiction e-books that can be read on any device.
Click on the icon. No password required!