"It Takes a Village" is a video project for all grade 6 students. The project is funded by a mini-grant from the Teachers Association of Newport and by funding from the Thompson PTO. Jane Pickens Theater will generously host our culminating event in June, a red carpet evening showcasing student work.
During this unit, students will explore a topic of local importance through collaborative group work. The classroom teachers, resource teacher, teacher librarian, technology teacher, and other educators will work together to support students.
Each group of students will create a short documentary film to showcase their learning.
To create a video, students will:
1. Be POWERful Thompson Students!
2. Log in using the video project username and password. Use the login ONLY for project work.
3. Access and save all files to your group's assigned project folder on the Z Drive.
4. Keep project folders organized.
5. Do not move or rename folders.
6. Need help? Overcome challenges with help from your team members and your teachers.