- If you inherited a billion-dollar fortune, what would you do with it?
- Which of the four brothers—Xander, Jameson, Grayson, or Nash—did you like the most at the beginning? How did that change as you kept reading?
- About midway through the book, Avery and Jameson have an exchange where he accuses her of wanting the fortune, saying, "How could you not? Growing up the way you did." Avery retorts by parroting his words back to him. Which do you think would be more difficult: growing up poor and never accruing wealth or growing up wealthy and losing everything?
- A common factor among of all the characters is that they had been or were currently in a toxic relationship—familial, platonic, or romantic. Have you ever had a similar experience? How did you recognize what was happening? Who helped you through it?
- Were you able to solve the mystery before the end?
Discussion questions from:
Brooks, Savannah. "Family Book Club: The Inheritance Games." The Loft, Loft
Literacy Center, 12 Nov. 2020, loft.org/writers-block-blog/
20reading%3F. Accessed 4 Nov. 2021.