Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
2023 Rhode Island Teen Book Award Nominees!
NHS Database/eBook Passwords
Access NHS Library Catalog Home Page
Although the stated hours of the library are Monday-Friday 7:55 to 2:30, they are flexible. The library is generally open by 7:30.
NHS Multi-Media Center Mission Statement
Library Operations, Access and Interlibrary Loan Policy
Interlibrary Loan FAQ's
- Who can use ILL?
- Any student, faculty or staff member of Narragansett High School
- How long does ILL take?
- Books generally arrive between one and three weeks.
- How much does ILL cost?
- This service is free to all RILINK members.
- How do I make a request?
- If you would like to request and borrow a book from a participating RILINK library, log into RICAT, conduct your search and then click the "Hold It" button. This will prompt the request. If you need further help, see the librarian or library assistant.
- How will I know when the book has arrived at the school?
- You will be called down to the library when the book has come in.
- How long can I keep the book?
- You have three weeks to use the book. If you need more time, contact the librarian or library assistant for help.
- From which NHS collections may I borrow?
- For students, faculty and staff borrowing from Narragansett High School's library, you may borrow from any collection except the Reference collection. Only faculty members are allowed to borrow from the DVD/audio book collection.
Search the NHS Library Catalog Here (RICAT/Follett)!
Rhode Island Center for the Book's / Read Across Rhode Island 2022 Selection
Firekeeper's Daughter by
Publication Date: 2021-03-16
A REESE WITHERSPOON x HELLO SUNSHINE BOOK CLUB YA PICK An Instant #1 New York Times Bestseller Soon to be adapted at Netflix for TV with President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama's production company, Higher Ground. "One of this year's most buzzed about young adult novels." --Good Morning America A TIME Magazine Best YA Book of All Time Selection Amazon's Best YA Book of 2021 So Far (June 2021) A 2021 Kids' Indie Next List Selection An Entertainment Weekly Most Anticipated Books of 2021 Selection A PopSugar Best March 2021 YA Book Selection With four starred reviews, Angeline Boulley's debut novel, Firekeeper's Daughter, is a groundbreaking YA thriller about a Native teen who must root out the corruption in her community, perfect for readers of Angie Thomas and Tommy Orange. Eighteen-year-old Daunis Fontaine has never quite fit in, both in her hometown and on the nearby Ojibwe reservation. She dreams of a fresh start at college, but when family tragedy strikes, Daunis puts her future on hold to look after her fragile mother. The only bright spot is meeting Jamie, the charming new recruit on her brother Levi's hockey team. Yet even as Daunis falls for Jamie, she senses the dashing hockey star is hiding something. Everything comes to light when Daunis witnesses a shocking murder, thrusting her into an FBI investigation of a lethal new drug. Reluctantly, Daunis agrees to go undercover, drawing on her knowledge of chemistry and Ojibwe traditional medicine to track down the source. But the search for truth is more complicated than Daunis imagined, exposing secrets and old scars. At the same time, she grows concerned with an investigation that seems more focused on punishing the offenders than protecting the victims. Now, as the deceptions--and deaths--keep growing, Daunis must learn what it means to be a strong Anishinaabe kwe (Ojibwe woman) and how far she'll go for her community, even if it tears apart the only world she's ever known.
Borrow eBooks and Audiobooks Here!
There are LOTS of great YA eBook titles to borrow! Download the app on your phone, select the library collection titled RISOCKS, sign in with your school Google email address. See Mrs. Gongoleski for help.
School Library Media Specialist
Novelist--A Way to Find Books That You Want to Read!
Check out Novelist to help you find a book to read!