Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
2022 Rhode Island Teen Book Award Nominees!
NHS Database/eBook Passwords
Library Hours and Weekly Calendar 2020-2021
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the high school library will not be open to students at the start of the 2020-2021 school year. Please contact Mrs. Gongoleski if you would like to borrow any library materials. Thank you!
NHS Multi-Media Center Mission Statement
Library Operations, Access and Interlibrary Loan Policy
Interlibrary Loan FAQ's
- Who can use ILL?
- Any student, faculty or staff member of Narragansett High School
- How long does ILL take?
- Books generally arrive between one and three weeks.
- How much does ILL cost?
- This service is free to all RILINK members.
- How do I make a request?
- If you would like to request and borrow a book from a participating RILINK library, log into RICAT, conduct your search and then click the "Hold It" button. This will prompt the request. If you need further help, see the librarian or library assistant.
- How will I know when the book has arrived at the school?
- You will be called down to the library when the book has come in.
- How long can I keep the book?
- You have three weeks to use the book. If you need more time, contact the librarian or library assistant for help.
- From which NHS collections may I borrow?
- For students, faculty and staff borrowing from Narragansett High School's library, you may borrow from any collection except the Reference collection. Only faculty members are allowed to borrow from the DVD/audio book collection.
NHS Library Catalog (RICAT/Follett)
Access NHS Library Catalog Home Page
Rhode Island Center for the Book's / Read Across Rhode Island 2021 Selection
Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You by
Publication Date: 2020-03-10
The #1 New York Times bestseller and a USAToday bestseller! A timely, crucial, and empowering exploration of racism--and antiracism--in America This is NOT a history book. This is a book about the here and now. A book to help us better understand why we are where we are. A book about race. The construct of race has always been used to gain and keep power, to create dynamics that separate and silence. This remarkable reimagining of Dr. Ibram X. Kendi's National Book Award-winning Stamped from the Beginning reveals the history of racist ideas in America, and inspires hope for an antiracist future. It takes you on a race journey from then to now, shows you why we feel how we feel, and why the poison of racism lingers. It also proves that while racist ideas have always been easy to fabricate and distribute, they can also be discredited. Through a gripping, fast-paced, and energizing narrative written by beloved award-winner Jason Reynolds, this book shines a light on the many insidious forms of racist ideas--and on ways readers can identify and stamp out racist thoughts in their daily lives. Download the free educator guide here: https://www.hachettebookgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Stamped-Educator-Guide.pdf
School Library Media Specialist
Novelist--A Way to Find Books That You Want to Read!
Check out Novelist to help you find a book to read!
Graduation Portfolio Reflection
Summative Reflection Materials