Go to www.askri.org or click on the image above.
If you are a Rhode Island resident, AskRI.org has a variety of free resources available to you!
The databases Barrington Middle School students may find helpful for research are:
Many of these databases have a "read to me" feature and a citation generator which can be very helpful when doing research!
Go to CultureGrams or click on the image above.
CultureGrams is a database we have a subscription to through the RILINK consortium. CultureGrams is an online learning resource that provides concise, reliable, and up-to-date information on hundreds of countries, as well as the U.S. states and Canadian provinces.
Go to Exploring Nature or click on the image above.
• 6,000 pages of life science, Earth science, physical science, biology, anatomy, and ecology for K-12 lesson development, sub plans, and student research.
• 10,000 vibrantly illustrated science models, posters, and other visual aids.
• Science activities, experiments, investigations, movies, games, and worksheets.
• Instructions for how to draw animals, make habitat murals, develop dioramas, create posters, nature trails, trail maps, and guides.
• Test bank, glossary, and Next Generation of Science Standards resources listed by grade.
Go to Facts on File or click on the image above.
We pay for the use of EIGHT Infobase/Facts on File databases:
All of these databases have a read-aloud feature and a citation feature available.
Please see the document below for the username and password for Facts on File.