Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The mission of the Portsmouth Middle School Library Media Center is to provide high quality resources, innovative technology, and unique learning opportunities for all students. Our vision of the Library Media Center is for it to be the hub of the school where students, faculty, and staff come to collaborate and locate resources (both digital and print), receive technology and information education, and develop a passion for lifelong learning.
AskRI allows access to the following databases (plus several others):
World Book Web
CultureGrams™ is a leading reference for concise and reliable cultural information on the countries of the world. With world events increasingly affecting our lives, it's more important than ever to educate students about the world around them
Science education resources
The FactCite Collection of Databases includes:
Biography for Beginners, Shapers of Society
Sports Champions, Defining Moments,
Gale in Context
Research database offering students information from a variety of sources.
Search PMS Catalog
Destiny Login for Students:
Username: student email address (ex: email@example.com)
Password: first letter of first name + first letter of last name + lunch number
PMS Service and Interlibrary Loan Policies
- All items taken from the library must be checked out
- Book checkout period is two (2) weeks
- You may have a total of five (5) items checked out at the same time. If a student or staff member requires more items be checked out, please contact the library media specialist via email
- You may only place 2 holds at a time
- There are no overdue fines
- All lost and damaged items must be paid for so that Ms. Waugh can replace them from the library book company
- Students have access to hard copy books, eBooks and audiobooks that span grade levels and content levels. If you do not want your child to have access to the full range, please email Ms. Waugh stating this with your child's name and grade: firstname.lastname@example.org
Inter-Library Loan ***on hold until further notice.
- Students may request items from other RI libraries.
- ILL delivery takes up to two weeks.
- Students are notified by the library media specialist when requested materials are ready for checkout.
- Borrowing Procedures apply to all ILL materials.
- We ask that students are especially mindful of proper library book care with ILL borrowed books.
- Portsmouth Middle School is an active member of RILINK and the LORI Network and adheres to the RILINK interlibrary loan policy.
Library Media Specialist
Master of Library and Information Studies
"We lose ourselves in books. We find ourselves there too." --Anonymous
401-849-3700 ext 3616
The PMS Library is open on school days from 7:45am--2:45pm