Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Classroom Library Days
Kpm, Mrs. Bowen
First Quarter: Library Orientation
Grades K-1: All about Libraries & Librarians
Grade 2: All about Books
Grade 3: Finding your Way Independently in the Library
Grades 4-6: Using the Online Catalog: From Catalog to Shelf
Grades 5-6: Use of Resources: Access & Responsiblities
Library Grading Rubric
Information Literacy Skills
- Excellent work on library skills papers
- Applies skills to use of library resources
- Always returns books on time
- Good quality work on library skills papers
- Usually applies skills to use of library resources
- Usually returns books on time
- Poor work on library skills papers
- Rarely applies skills to use of library resources
- Frequently returns books late and/or has lost or damaged books
- Always demonstrates respectful behavior
- Always gives best effort to learn library skills
- Always gives best effort to use library skills
- Usually demonstrates respectful behavior
- Usually gives best effort to learn library skills
- Usually gives best effort to use library skills
- Often behaves disrectfully
- Gives little or no effort to learn library skills
- Gives little or no effort to use library skills
Library Standard 1: THINK
How do I find new information?
- Ask questions
- Use prior knowledge
- Read, View, and Listen
How do I become a Critical Thinker?
- Engage in learning activities
- Evaluate ideas and information
- Be independent and confident
How do I gain knowledge?
- Interact with others
- Use many resources
- Ask for help
Library Standard 2: CREATE
How do I understand and use knowledge?
- Organize ideas
- Use strategies
- Try and Try again
How do I make smart decisions?
- Be a Critical Thinker
- Reflect and assess
- Be flexible
How do I make new ideas?
- Work with others
- Write and create
- Be productive
Library Standard 3: SHARE
How do I share my knowledge?
- Communicate by writing and speaking
- Contribute to discussions
- Be confident
How do I participate appropriately?
- Follow the Acceptable Use Policy
- Respect Others Ideas
How do I contribute to my community?
- Connect what you know to new experiences
- Be responsible
Library Standard 4: GROW
How do I motivate myself to learn?
- Identify your interests
- Find interesting opportunities
- Be curious
How do I appreciate learning?
- Read for pleasure
- Actively participate
- Connect learning to personal experiences
How do I progress in learning?
- Go above and beyond expectations
- Be open to new experiences
- Give your best effort