- Introduction: Remind the students that the FIC section of the library is organized in alphabetical order by author’s last name, using the first three letters of that last name. Hold up several books, read off the title and author, and ask the kids to figure out what the call number would be.
- Activity: Explain to the kids that they will now create their own book cover. Their covers (template below) must contain three elements:
- Title (it must be fictional; it can't be factual)
- Their full name as author
- Their FIC call number on the spine
Ideally, they will also draw an illustration.
4 = All three required elements appear, in addition to exceptional creativity
3 = All three required elements appear: fictional title, author's full name, and correct call number
2 = One required element missing
1 = Two or more required elements missing