Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Services & Policies
- Instruction in information literacy.
- Assistance locating, retrieving, interpreting and evaluating information.
- Access to an online card catalog, the Internet, online databases, software applications, books, and more.
- Readers advisory, bookmarks, book lists, and book talks.
- Digital Maker Space
- Space for collaborating, reading and studying.
- Integrating technology into classroom projects and much, much more!
- Students may borrow library materials for two weeks.
- Faculty and staff may borrow library material for four weeks.
- Students may have a maximum of three books checked out at the same time.
- There are no fines for items that are returned late.
- Students will be billed for items that are not returned in a timely manner. Billing costs reflect the purchase price of the item and processing costs.
- Students will be refunded any funds collected for "lost" library materials that are found and returned within five weeks of payment.
- Interlibrary Loan: The interlibrary loan service accesses the catalogs of many Rhode Island schools as well as LORI libraries, including all academic and public libraries, and some specialized libraries. Request a book and it will be delivered to Chariho in about a week to 10 days. The service is free to all sutdents. When on the library catalog, log in at the top right corner of the screen. When searching for a book, select 'RICAT' in the location drop down menu and once you find what you are looking for, select "HOLD IT!' and you will receive a message stating that your book is on hold and you will be notified when it arrives.
- Interlibrary loan for non-Chariho students: 2 week loan period with 1 renewal. Payment of the replacement value of any lost item is required.
- All items in circulation are available for interlibrary loan. Local patron hold requests take precedence over interlibrary loan requests for the same item.
- The library is not open to the public.
Check out Chariho!
Thanks for Visiting!
Please browse our guides to see some of our digital resources. Visit us to browse our print collection.
Scholastic Book Fairs!
Scholastic Book Fair
Coming to the library in the fall and spring. Click here to access the book fair website!
CMS Library Staff
Ms. Olivia McCullough, Media Specialist (email@example.com)
Mrs. Cathleen Caddick, Library Clerk (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mrs. Kristen Anderson, Media Specialist (Tuesdays) (email@example.com)
Mrs. Alison Ward, Media Specialist (Mondays) (firstname.lastname@example.org)